- This week's News topics: The 2016 Rio Olympics
- I have added a new page called "The News". This page outlines the directions for this assignment, along with a running log of each week's topics.
- No more emailing News HW. Students can still type it up, but they must print it themselves and hand in a hard copy.
- Students will have a ten question geography quiz this Thurs./Fri. This quiz will include Brazil, Spain, and eight other locations from last week's quiz.
- We had a technical difficulty with last week's interview form. Students will need to complete this self-interview on their own. Click here to go to the form. All students need to complete this interview by the start of class on Thursday.
- Students will need to complete their Vocab Index Cards by Thursday/Friday Sept. 1/2! For each word...
- Write the word on the side without lines
- Write the definition and a sentence with the word on the side with lines
- Our current unit's (The New World) words are Adapt, Culture, Nomad, Migration, Expedition, Colony, Genocide
Tuesday/Wednesady: Aug. 23 & 24
Opening Activity: On your table is an envelope with some colored pieces of paper. When Mr. Danner gives your group "the okay", you will be able to claim whatever you would like in this classroom, for your table. You'll claim it simply by placing your piece of paper on it. Talk it over with your table and decide what you will claim.
Once we have finished our opening activity, we will begin our first unit. Click "The Tree" at the top of The Blog and navigate to the unit titled "The New World".
Thursday/Friday: Aug. 25 & 26
After GEO QUIZ #2, students will need to complete the Opening Activity below, in the "Blog" section of their binders.
Opening Activity: Answer the questions below in the Blog section of your binder. You may use any notes or assignments in your binder to help you answer them, but make sure that you are writing complete answers.
After we've reviewed the Opening Activity, go to our TreeOfEd Unit on "The New World", so we can pick up where we left off. Today, we will complete activity "2 - European Exploration".